Something AIR this way up.
When the Sun aligns with the direct center or “Angel Point” of sidereal Aquarius, the Point of Elemental Air can be expected to manifest in or somewhere near the vast, barren deserts of Turkmenistan. The next PoEA is on 01 Mar 2011. On 29 Feb 2012, the AM47 ship is scheduled to have already been docked at the port-city of Turkmenbashi for several days, and a group of Alter-folk is to have reached a specific place in the Kara Kum Desert to observe & celebrate Elemental Air. Then the ship will continue its circumnavigation of the globe to arrive back in San Francisco on 01 Sep 2012 to complete the circle. After that, AM47 will again set sail in late Sep 2012 for Alert, Nunavut and the top of the world for the Point of Elemental AEther and the Gateway of Arcturus on 17 Oct 2012.
Here are some particularly Airy facts about Turkmenistan:
1. About 4,000 years ago, the “lost civilization” of the Margiana built a great city at Gonur Depe (on or near the Point of Air in Turkmenistan) which sat at the hub of the crossroads of many cultures. There they invented Zoroastrianism (the first recorded monotheism which also venerated the 4 Classical Elements and Alchemy) and presided over this vast network of cultures during what was called “the happiest time in the history of the world”.
2. Historically, the favored funerary practice of the peoples of this vast Central Asian region was excarnation (open Air disposal) on “Towers of Silence” (Hanging Man!).
3. The society of modern day Turkmenistan is considered one of the most repressive on earth. That stands in diametrical opposition to the very essence of the Air Element: ‘the shadow of Air’. Elemental Air represents things like the intellect, communication, writing, languages and teaching, as well as commerce and travel.
4. In 2008, a team of international surveyors determined Turkmenistan to have the second or possibly first highest natural gas reserves (Air, the gaseous state of matter) in the world.
5. Turkmenistan is now beginning to enter the news due to its vast energy reserves and because it borders both Iran and Afghanistan. Also because of Turkmenistan’s stance of political neutrality.
6. Both the Aral Sea to the north and the Caspian Sea to the west of the Point of Air are drying-up.
7. In 2008, Wind Man, a film about an Air Elemental and Madar, the Angel of Death from ancient Persian myth, played for the first time in San Francisco. Wind Man was filmed in 2007 not at all far from the Point of Elemental Air.
8. In late 2010, Black Sands will be released – a new documentary about Turkmenistan and the deep roots of monotheism. There is a previously unknown Bronze-Age civilization deep in the cobra-infested Kara Kum (Black Sands) Desert in Turkmenistan. Battling sand-storms and intense isolation, archeologist Viktor Sarianidi uncovers a city where the dead were disposed through ritual excarnation and astrologer-priests consumed hallucinogenic ritual drinks over 4,000 years ago. Is it the motherland of Zoroastrianism ~ an ancient Indo-Iranian religion that was later to strongly influence Judaism and hence Christianity and Islam. This place also happens to be the Point of Elemental Air in ALTER MaN 4 7.